Charles R. Hale is the cofounder with Niamh J. Hyland of Artists Without Walls: an organization dedicated to nurturing artists and the arts in New York City and beyond.
Artists Without Walls (AWoW) is an organization purposed to inspire, uplift and unite people and communities of diverse cultures through the pursuit of artistic achievement. Through our events and online presence, we aim to inspire, uplift and unite by:
- Building a multicultural community that springs from “creative chemistry”:
- Enable the exchange of ideas, methods, and creative concepts by connecting people of various cultures and communities who can learn from each other and collaborate to create something new.
- Introducing multiple art forms and cultural influences to student groups
- Creating a safe and supporting environment for sharing and experimentation of various art-forms
- Providing paid performance opportunities for emerging artists
- Promoting the work of our members online and help to publicize their events
Artists Without Walls is built on the core idea that the more contact we have with each other in a nurturing and collegial environment, the more collaborative the spirit and the greater the sharing of ideas.
Our growing multicultural community includes singers, dancers, painters, writers, oral historians, poets, and cultural enthusiasts. We are based in New York City with an aim to expand our reach into other cultural centers around the world.
For more information visits Artists Without Walls.